1-3 Kasım 2018
Haliç Congress Center
SHAPING FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS
THE 4RD GLOBAL SATSHOW
THE PREMIER MARKETPLACE FOR COMMUNICATIONS SOLUTIONS
The Global SatShow the fourth Global Satellite Show will integrate the synergy of the Broadcast Industry which is the growing part depending on the new Technologies and will be held as the 4thGlobal Satellite Show & 1st Broadcast Eurasia
1-3 November 2018 in Istanbul Fair Center
Be part of the synergy. Join the 4rd Global SatShow in Shaping Future Communications
Schedule and Agenda
REGISTRATION & EXHIBITON
- Abdurraman Kaan, President, Müsiad
- Dr. Vecdi Gönül, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Türksat
- Ahmet ARSLAN - Minister of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications of Turkey
TÜRKSAT 5A 5B CONTRACT SIGNING CEREMONY
SESSION 1 - TURKSAT 6A NATIONAL SATELLITE
The subject of spectrum is contentious and as the rollout of 5G advances, so does the complexity increase. The challenges are ample, but 5G is also a catalyst of new business models and opportunities. But just how does satellite fit in in the 5G market? How does the industry go about spectrum sharing? How will satellite interference be managed? What opportunities are there for satellite and what about the challenges? From new entrants to new business models, what changes will 5G force? This session will address these issues and provide insight and solutions.
- Keynote speaker: İbrahim EREN, CEO, TRT
- Moderator: Hasan Hüseyin Ertok Vice President, Turksat
- Dr. Orkun HASEKİOĞLU, Vice-President
- Selman Nas, PhD Executive Vice-President, Space Systems, TAI
- Cüneyd FIRAT, CEO, Ctech
- Şenol Uzun, Head of Business Line, Space Technologies, Aselsan
SESSION 2 - SPECTRUM TURF WARS
“The subject of spectrum is contentious and as the rollout of 5G advances, so does the complexity increase. The challenges are ample, but 5G is also a catalyst of new business models and opportunities. But just how does satellite fit in in the 5G market? How does the industry go about pectrum sharing? How will satellite interference be managed? What opportunities are there for satellite and what about the challenges? From new entrants to new business models, what changes will 5G force? This session will address these issues and provide insight and solutions.”
- Moderator: Aarti Holla, Secretery General ESOA
- Süleyman Kuzu, Director, Turksat
- Ms Sahiba Hasanova, Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Nikolay Varlamov, Head of International Department Radio Research and Development Institute, Russia
- Richard Womersley, Director, Spectrum Services, LS telcom AG
SESSION 3 - SATELLITE GETS SMART INTELSAT LOGO
A myriad benefits for healthcare, safety, efficiency, the environment and more are afforded by M2M and smart living. But if pockets of connected cities are surrounded by underserved rural and remote communities, then this potential can never be reached. How can satellite enable broader and even global smart living? What are the new ways that remote and mobile IoT are being used?
- Moderator: Martin Jarrold, Chief of International Programme Development, GVF
- Hideyuki OTO, General Manager, Civil and Commercial Space Department, Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
- Süleyman Kuzu, Satellite Services Corporate Solutions Director, Türksat
- Richard Snaith, Senior Director Key Accounts, Intelsat
- Alper Turken, Vice President EMEA South, Arris
- Anna Guegan, Manager of Policiy and Market Access, Access Partnership
SESSION 4 - DISCOVERY OF SPACE
- Moderator: Prof. Dr. Halil Kırbıyık, TÜBİTAK National Observatory, President
- Prof. Dr. Alim Rüstem Aslan, ITU Astronautical Engineering
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Sinan Aliş, Dept. of Astronomy and Space Sciences, Istanbul University
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mesut Yılmaz, TÜBİTAK National Observatory
- Ayşe Ören, Member of Board, New Worlds
CLOSE OF FIRST DAY
REGISTRATION & EXHIBITION
SESSION 1 - SATELLITE MODEL
- Moderator: Prof.Dr. Alim Rustem Aslan (ITU Astronautical Engineering)
- Eren Ömer Can Koçulu, Türksat Satellite Model Tournament Board Member
- Prof. Dr. Selçuk Helhel, Assistant Professor at Akdeniz University, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- İlkin Aliyev, Student at YTU, Engineering , 1st.Türksat S.M.T. Tournament champion, IQRASAT Team Leader
SESSION 2 - GROUND SEGMENT 2.0
HTS is a game changer but only if the ground segment can enable this technology. What has happened? And has this game changer been profitable for the ground segment? Who has benefited? What rapid developments have transpired? What are the challenges? What still needs to be done? Where are the opportunities?
- Moderator: Martin Jarrold, GVF
- Guido Baraglia, Sales and Business Development Director for EMEA, KRATOS
- María Graña, Chief Engineer of Software, INSTER
- Dr. Leslie Klein, Founder, President and CEO, C-COM Satellite Systems Inc.
SILAwards & CEO SUMMIT: REDIFINING THE ROLES
Evolution usually thins the herd. Will everybody make it? How are downward pricing trends forcing new business models? How are players adapting? What additional value-added services, strategic partnerships, and cutting-edge innovation have emerged? How is satellite going to address over capacity? The times have changed, the world has changed – is satellite up-to-date? Is satellite innovating? This pivotal CEO panel will offer valuable insight and seek to provide a roadmap to surviving these challenging times and securing a future.
- Moderator: Aarti Holla, Secretery General ESOA
- Cenk Şen, CEO, Turksat
- Ali Al-Kuwari, CEO, Es'hailSat
- Christodoulos Protopapas, CEO, Hellas Sat
- Ahmed Ali Al Shamsi, CEO, Thuraya
CLOSE OF SECOND DAY
Industry influencers, market experts and academia will gather for the 3rd Global SatShow’s satellite conference. Pivotal trends and issues impacting the industry will be addressed by the most esteemed players, who will outline the challenges, solutions and opportunities. The renowned CEO conference will see leaders create a roadmap to surviving today’s highly disruptive market for a successful future. The industry is evolving and the need for cross-sector dialogue and co-operation has never been greater. The 3rd Global SatShow is the stage where industry players will converge to shape the future of communications solutions. Be part of the synergy!
Highlight: Don’t miss this crucial session!
5G has the potential to change the world. But it also poses great challenges and uncertainty. In order to realise the enormous benefits of 5G, the satellite and wireless industries need to work together. ESOA, the EMEA Satellite Operators Association, is calling on the industry to create a plan of action for 5G and spectrum. The 3rd Global SatShow conference will be the venue for the industry to band together to address arguably the most important issue. From access and regulation, to satellite interference and business models, the challenges and solutions will be presented during a session that cannot be missed.
The 3rd Global SatShow conference covers key topics from multiple sectors. These include:
Enabling the Multiscreen Era
5G & Spectrum Sharing
IoT & M2M
Ground Segment Developments
Teleports of the Future
Space Business Economics
Innovation in Space
Earth Observation & Remote Sensing
Human Skills Capital
Future Space Generations
BE A SPEAKER
The Global SatShow is currently accepting speaker requests and invites interested candidates to apply for a position. If you would like to be a speaker at one of our conference sessions, please download the speaker request form and return it to the conference director. Alternatively, contact the conference team for more information by clicking the button below.
BECOME A SPONSOR
You have a captive audience at the 3rd Global SatShow. Why not leverage this target market and maximise the effect of your global campaign? The 3rd Global SatShow provides many sponsorship and advertising opportunities. Increase your visibility and benefit!
WHERE & WHEN
The Haliç Congress Center is located in the Golden Horn at 19 Eski Karaağaç Avenue, 34445, in Istanbul, Turkey
Dates & Timing
Exhibition 9-10 November 8:30 – 18:00
Networking Reception 9 November 19:00 – 21:00
How to Get There
Coming from the airport? The venue is 20 minutes from Atatürk Airport and 45 minutes from Sabiha Gökçen Airport.
Haliç Congress Center is seven minutes from Taksim and Eminönü, and a few minutes away from the E5 and TEM connections. The only congress centre located by the sea, it offers guests access to the sea from Sütlüce Port, either by event boats or city line ferries.
Need an airport transfer? Please contact the Global SatShow management team and we will make arrangements for you.
Require a Visa?
Turkey provides direct access to travellers from numerous countries; granting visa-free entrance or visa upon arrival. However, if you require a visa in advance, we recommend you apply through the e-Visa website, it’s the quickest and easiest way and is done in three simple steps. The website is available in multiple languages for your convenience.
In need of a hotel? Stay at one of our partner hotels and enjoy discounted rates as a valued Global SatShow visitor. These hotels are conveniently located near the exhibition venue. Please contact us to find your ideal hotel.